For all the Latest Sports News News, Indian Premier League News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Chennai Super Kings defeated Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Qualifer-1 of the Indian Premier League 2018 by 2 wickets at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai in an incredible nail biting match.“It’s a stadium I’ve enjoyed playing. Took confidence from that. I just got in the change room now and said, how did we win that game. It felt just a little out of reach. It was great that guys came in and hit a few boundaries at the end,” said a jubilant Faf du Plessis after a win over SRH in the Qualifer 1 of IPL.Both the heavyweights of the gigantic tournament clashed in a heavy affair of nerves, determination, character and talent. Williamson-led Sunrisers were against the ‘Big Daddys’ of the tournament, that is what this Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings outfit is, with a plethora experience and character available in and around the dressing room.After winning the toss, Chennai Super Kings chose to field first, decision which looked perfect in the first half of the match. CSK started the match with the big wicket of Shikhar Dhawan, who departed for a golden duck.What followed Dhawan was series of quick wickets, with Goswami, Williamson, Manish Pandey and Shakib Al Hasan following him back to the dugout. The only saving grace for SRH’s batting were a brilliant quickfire knock by Carlos Brathwate (43* off 29) and a gutsy 29 off 24 by Yusuf Pathan, and that helped SRH to mount a total of 140 for the Chennai Super Kings.Chennai’s start was sort of similar to that of Hyderabad’s, the only difference was the man from South Africa – Faf du Plessis. He opened the innings with Shane Watson, who departed for a duck early in the innings. Faf then witnessed a quickfire cameo by Suresh Raina (22 off 13) and then followed quick departures of Rayudu, Dhoni, Bravo, Jadeja.Later after the 16th over, Faf started opening his arms to cut down the total as much as possible for the last two overs. Harbhajan Singh was toiling around with him trying to nick a single or two.In the 18th over, Faf tonked Brathwate for a couple of maximums. And in the 19th over, Shardul Thakur got 3 crucial boundaries for the Chennai outfit.Bhuvneshwar Kumar got the final over to bowl, but by then SRH needed only 6 runs to win, which Faf completed in the very first over.Chennai Super Kings are the first finalist of the IPL 2018, SRH will face the winner of Eliminator-1 between KKR vs RR to be played today.
New Delhi: Portugal defender Bruno Alves said Saturday’s FIFA World Cup last-16 match-up between Portugal and Uruguay will be more than a clash between Real Madrid star forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona’s superstar Luis Suarez.The Euro winners will face Uruguay in Sochi for a berth in the quarter-finals after finishing as the runners-up in Group B behind 2010 World Cup winners Spain. “I don’t think it will be a duel between Suarez and Ronaldo,” Alves said on Thursday. “It’s a match between the two teams, Portugal and Uruguay, and we’ll do everything we can to win.”Uruguay won all three matches in their group, beating hosts Russia 3-0 in their last group game, and are the only team yet to concede a goal at FIFA’s flagship event.Portuguese skipper Ronaldo has scored four of Portugal’s five goals in the tournament so far, while Barcelona star Suarez struck against Saudi Arabia and Russia.”At this stage we still believe we have room for improvement,” Alves said.”I think we will win, but you can’t forget you can only win if you play well and I think we’ll play well.”The 36-year-old Rangers centre-back is participating at his third World Cup, although Alves is yet to make an appearance in Russia. “I feel that we’re always highly motivated. I think all of us have come here to play and when our moment comes we will be ready for it to help Portugal win,” he said. “I think this Portugal team is ready for everything. We’ve shown we have the chance to win and if we keep it up this way I think we’ll be successful. There are difficult games in store for us though.”The Seleccao das Quinas survived a late scare against Iran on Monday, as Ronaldo missed a penalty and was extremely fortunate to escape a red card for an elbow.Portugal have not lost a competitive match with Ronaldo at their helm since the 2014 World Cup, but were beaten on penalties by Chile at last year’s Confederations Cup.”Everybody can see that in this World Cup there are no easy games,” Alves said. “Germany’s fate made it clear what can happen to any strong team.”Uruguay are hopeful Jose Maria Gimenez will return from injury to resume his centre-back partnership with Atletico Madrid team-mate Diego Godin. For all the Latest Sports News News, Fifa World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
New Delhi: India beat England by seven wickets in the third and final T20 International to clinch the three-match series 2-1 in Bristol on Sunday.Rohit Sharma’s elegant unbeaten century made it a walk in the park for India as the Indian vice-captain made a target of 199 look ridiculously easy on a small Bristol ground.Though it was a grand opening for England with batsman Jason Roy raining sixes in his blistering innings of 67 off just 31 balls, India made a superb fightback on the back of Hardik Pandya’s four-wicket haul.The Virat Kohli brigade finally restricted England to 198 for nine to end the first innings of the match.Meanwhile, during the England innings, Indian wicketkeeper Mahendra Singh Dhoni has become the first keeper to complete 50 catches in T20Is by taking 5 catches.3rd IT20. It’s all over! India won by 7 wickets https://t.co/rdWpZJ9LGQ #EngvInd— BCCI (@BCCI) July 8, 2018Here are the Brief scores of both the innings:England: 198/9 in 20 overs (Jason Roy 67, Jos Buttler 34, Alex Hales 30; Hardik Pandya 4/38).India: 201 for 3 in 18.4 overs (Rohit Sharma 100 not out, Virat Kohli 43; David Willey 1/37).(With inputs from agencies) For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
Melbourne : Disappointed at Australia’s abject surrender in the first innings, batting coach Graeme Hick has asked his batsmen to show more intent and learn the art of pacing innings from India skipper Virat Kohli. After the hosts were bundled out for a meagre 151 in 66.5 overs on day three of the third Test, Hick stressed on the need to develop awareness of the game and gave the example of Kohli’s first innings 204-ball 82-run knock.“We spoke about how Kohli went about it. We knew (Cheteshwar) Pujara, even Kohli, one of the most explosive batters, got to 20 off 25, 26 balls, then the rest of his innings took whatever it was,” Hick said on SEN Radio on Saturday.Also Read | Yearender 2018: Virat Kohli’s list of dodgy decisions hurt Indian cricket team“For the best player in the world to change his innings and play like that, if you can’t be on the same field as him and watch him and learn from what he is doing, then you are in the wrong space.“There are certainly thing our players can take out of that. It takes a lot of discipline, a lot of patience and, on top of that, you have got to bat with intent,” he added.Australia’s batting woes against India at the MCG have sparked debate about their technique and the impact of the Big Bash League on batsmen.Hick said it was disappointing to see his hard work come undone and urged his batsmen to learn quickly and find the right balance.“It’s disappointing as a head coach. You feel if you are putting the work in and doing the right things, over a period of time, the players learn. Unfortunately, it’s not the easiest thing to learn out in the middle at the MCG of the Boxing Day Test match,” said the former England batsman.Also Read | Vodafone revises its Rs 399 prepaid plan, reduces data by 14GB“You have got to learn quickly in international cricket these days because you don’t get a lot of time to remedy what you might feel is wrong.”Australia scored 258 for eight in their second innings after Pat Cummins top-scored with an unbeaten 61. The home team require another 141 runs with two wickets remaining to win the Test. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
highlights AB de Villiers holds the record for fastest 50, 100 and 150.South Africa has never reached the final of the ICC Cricket World Cup.South Africa have lost their first three games in the World Cup for the first time. Speaking to ESPNCricinfo, Zondi said that the selection of AB de Villiers would have been unfair on the players who have been performing since his retirement and added he did not fulfil the criteria of not playing enough domestic or international cricket during that period.In a shock move in 2018, de Villiers announced on his Twitter page that he had announced his retirement. “After 114 Test matches, 228 ODI’s and 78 T20 Internationals, it is time for others to take over. I have had my turn, and to be honest, I am tired. This is a tough decision, I have thought long and hard about it and I’d like to retire while still playing decent cricket. After the fantastic series wins against India and Australia, now feels like the right time to step aside. It would not be right for me to pick and choose where, when and in what format I play for the Proteas. For me, in the green and gold, it must be everything or nothing. I will always be grateful to the coaches and staff of Cricket South Africa for their support through all these years. The most important thank you goes out to all of my teammates throughout my career, I wouldn’t be half the player that I am without the support throughout the years,” de Villiers said at that time.De Villiers will continue playing freelance Twenty20 cricket and will join Middlesex in the Twenty20 Blast in England while for Royal Challengers Bangalore, he smashed 442 runs at 44.20 in the recent IPL and is also planning a stint in the Big Bash League.Recently, de Villiers made some controversial statements by saying the IPL was better than the World Cup and he also opened up on how he was criticised for picking and choosing his matches. “I know I am sitting in India and busy playing in the IPL, so it’s easy to say. But I have played in quite a few (tournaments) now across the world. I think it’s better than the World Cup. I was labelled as a guy who is picking and choosing when I was playing and when not. So I got quite a lot of criticism from back home, which also played a role in me retiring. And it was difficult for me to then go ‘Hey, but I’ll still play the World Cup’. It’s that picking and choosing thing again, and it’s quite arrogant to do something like that. But as they say, you can’t have your bread buttered on both sides,” de Villiers said.South Africa is facing a dire situation in the World Cup. They may have to win all their remaining six matches in order to stay in contention for the semi-final but a loss in their next game against West Indies could spell the end of their campaign. New Delhi: South Africa are enduring a terrible time in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 clash. They lost their opening game to England by 104 runs and were humbled by both Bangladesh and India in their next two games. They are low on confidence and have not been helped by injuries to their key players, including their ace pacer Dale Steyn who has been ruled out of the tournament due to a shoulder injury. Fans of South Africa cricket have been vocal about the team’s performance on social media, with some calling for the return of AB de Villiers, their star batsman and former captain back in the side. However, a report has emerged that is bound to send shockwaves in the South Africa team in the World Cup.According to a report on ESPNCricinfo, AB de Villiers, who had retired in May 2018, had apparently made an effort to come out of international retirement and make himself available for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Before the selection of the South Africa squad for the ICC Cricket World Cup in April 2019, de Villiers had approached head coach Ottis Gibson, skipper Faf du Plessis and convenor of selectors Linda Zondi expressing his desire to come out of retirement. However, the report said de Villiers’ suggestion was ‘not even considered’. For all the Latest Sports News News, ICC World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
FEARLESS FRESHMEN: Holy Cross’ Joe Pridgen, Connor Niego and Ryan Wade have combined to account for 45 percent of the team’s scoring this season, including 52 percent of all Crusaders points over the last five games.JUMPING FOR JIMMY: Jimmy Sotos has connected on 37.2 percent of the 129 3-pointers he’s attempted and has made 7 of 19 over his last five games. He’s also converted 84.7 percent of his free throws this season.WINLESS WHEN: Bucknell is 0-10 when scoring fewer than 63 points and 10-7 when scoring at least 63.PERFECT WHEN: Bucknell is a perfect 5-0 when the team blocks at least six opposing shots. The Bison are 5-17 this season when they block fewer than six shots.DID YOU KNOW: Bucknell is ranked second in the Patriot League with an average of 69.7 possessions per game.___ Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditBucknell (10-17, 6-8) vs. Holy Cross (3-24, 2-12)Hart Recreation Center, Worcester, Massachusetts; Monday, 7:05 p.m. ESTBOTTOM LINE: Bucknell looks to extend Holy Cross’s conference losing streak to eight games. Holy Cross’ last Patriot League win came against the Lehigh Mountain Hawks 96-95 on Jan. 22. Bucknell won 72-68 over American in its last outing. February 16, 2020 Associated Press Holy Cross looks to end streak vs Bucknell For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25___This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
POLL ALERT: Kansas returns to No. 1 in Top 25, followed by Baylor, Gonzaga, Dayton, San Diego St; Creighton joins top 10 February 24, 2020 Associated Press Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditNEW YORK (AP) — POLL ALERT: Kansas returns to No. 1 in Top 25, followed by Baylor, Gonzaga, Dayton, San Diego St; Creighton joins top 10.,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6
The French soccer league has suspended all matches indefinitely because of the coronavirus outbreak.Matches were scheduled to be held in empty stadiums but the French league made its decision in an emergency meeting a day after President Emmanuel Macron addressed the nation on television.No indication has yet been given as to when the league could resume. The league says it will next meet on Tuesday following a UEFA meeting.___9:55 a.m. Borussia Mönchengladbach played Cologne on Wednesday and although there were no fans in the stadium, hundreds assembled outside.The league asked fans “not to gather in front of the stadiums and to do their part to protect the population.”Second-division club Hannover has put its players into self-isolation after two tested positive for the coronavirus. Hannover’s game against Dynamo Dresden on Sunday has been called off.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the coronavirus outbreak’s affect on sports around the world (all times local):___11 a.m. March 13, 2020 The Latest: French soccer league suspended ___10:40 a.m.The German soccer league says it will play this weekend’s games as planned without spectators but may suspend the league as of Tuesday.The league board says it will propose a suspension through April 2, to be voted on by member clubs on Monday.All of this weekend’s games are due to be played in empty stadiums. Associated Press Everton has become the third Premier League soccer club to put its entire playing squad in quarantine after a player reported symptoms consistent with coronavirus.Arsenal and Chelsea announced similar measures on Thursday.Everton says the club is in regular contact with the player in question and is monitoring the wellbeing of all players and staff. Its training complex has been closed down along with its stadium, Goodison Park.Everton is scheduled to play Liverpool in the Merseyside derby on Monday.However, it is increasingly likely all Premier League matches will be suspended. League officials are holding an emergency meeting to discuss future steps.
US Soccer Federation president Carlos Cordeiro quits in fallout of gender discrimination lawsuit by women’s team players March 12, 2020 Associated Press Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditCHICAGO (AP) — US Soccer Federation president Carlos Cordeiro quits in fallout of gender discrimination lawsuit by women’s team players.,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6
The Champions of this year Petra organised Milo sponsored Schools Football tournament will be decided this evening when Chase Academic Foundation plays Morgan Learning Center at the Ministry of Education ground.Chase, are the defending champions and are favourites to lift the title once again.A host of players with a wealth of knowledge of the game also gives them a sizable edge over their opponentsPlayers such as: Reshawn Ritch, Job Caesar, Nicholas McArthur-Jeremy Garrett, Malachi Adonis, Rondell Peters and Ryan Hackett will be the key in the Chase’s lineup.On the converse side, Morgan’s has players like – David Coates, Osafo Matheson, Chris Macey, Adrian Adolph, Daniel Clarke and Orin Moore have proven that they too can get the job done.Meanwhile, the third place playoff between Sir Leon’s Lesson and Master’s Academy will kicks off from 17:00 hrs.Winner of the tournament will collect $500,000 towards a school project and the championship trophy, while the second, third and fourth placed sides will receive $300,000,$200,000 and $100,000 respectively towards a similar endeavor and trophies.