WILMINGTON, MA — The American Red Cross is conducting the following upcoming blood drives in Wilmington:Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 1pm-7pm: Wilmington Friendship (Masonic) Lodge (32 Church Street)Saturday, September 29, 2018, 10am-3pm: Wilmington Congregational Church (220 Middlesex Avenue)Sunday, November 4, 2018, 10am-3pm: St. Thomas/Wilmington Knights of Columbus Hall (126 Middlesex Avenue)Interested donors can call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to book an appointment, but walk-ins ARE welcome.Here are some important facts about blood and the blood donation process, from the Red Cross’s website:Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood.More than 41,000 blood donations are needed every day.More than 1.6 million people were diagnosed with cancer last year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.Although an estimated 38% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate, less than 10% actually do each year.Donating blood is a safe process. A sterile needle is used only once for each donor and then discarded.Blood donation is a simple four-step process: registration, medical history and mini-physical, donation and refreshments.Every blood donor is given a mini-physical, checking the donor’s temperature, blood pressure, pulse and hemoglobin to ensure that it is safe for the donor to give blood.The actual blood donation typically takes less than 10-12 minutes. The entire process, from the time you arrive to the time you leave, takes about an hour and 15 minutes.First time donor? Haven’t given blood in awhile? Read this checklist so you know what to expect.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedRed Cross Announces Upcoming Blood Drives In WilmingtonIn “Community”Red Cross Announces Upcoming Blood Drives In WilmingtonIn “Community”Red Cross Announces Upcoming Blood Drives In WilmingtonIn “Community”
CIA Concludes Saudi Prince Personally Ordered Jamal Khashoggis Death IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:00/1:31Loaded: 0%0:01Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-1:31?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading … Missing journalist Jamal KhashoggiANIRecently US senators accused the kingdom of a series of misdeeds, adding that the Crown Prince has gone “full gangster.” The US lawmakers — Republicans and Democrats — also slammed the kingdom for the way it handled the civil war in Yemen as well as the series of alleged human rights abuses.”He is reckless, he’s ruthless, he has a penchant for escalation, for taking high risks, confrontational in his foreign policy approach and I think increasingly willing to test the limits of what he can get away with the United States,” Senator Marco Rubio said. Saudi crown prince Mohammad bin Salman said that the Israelis have the right to own their land.ReutersIf reports doing the rounds are true there is a widening rift between Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and his father, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. The enfant terrible of the Al Saud dynasty has had a rather unchecked run so far as ‘King in everything but name’. However, the 33-year-old’s stranglehold on Saudi Arabia is on the wane, multiple reports have said.Prince Mohammad invited worldwide condemnation and infamy after the brutal killing of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi consulate in Turkey last year. His role in spearheading the bitter and destructive war on Yemen was also widely criticised. Of late, the Saudi King was also disturbed about the draining of investment from Saudi Arabia in the aftermath of the Khashoggi murder. Salman revokes crown prince’s key powersThe Guardian newspaper reported on Monday that King Salman has stripped the crown prince of some crucial powers. The ageing and ailing king made the move after the crown prince stretched his powers as the deputy king thin when his father was on an official visit to Egypt last month, the paper reported. It is extremely rare for a crown prince to use his temporary powers as the deputy king during the monarch’s absence, but MBS moved swiftly to announce key appointments when the king was travelling. He promoted his sister as the kingdom’s envoy to Washington and appointed his brother in the defence ministry. Sources told the British newspaper that both the appointments were done without the king’s approval. Saudi Arabia’s King Salman attends a Memorandum of Understanding signing ceremony in Putrajaya, Malaysia February 27, 2017. [Representational Image]Reuters fileThe King’s Egypt visit was marred by lurking fears of a possible coup against the ageing monarch. The fears were so palpable that the King removed his security detail midway through the foreign jaunt and brought in a 30-member team of handpicked loyalists from Riyadh.To make matters worse, the all powerful crown prince did not turn up at the airport to welcome back the King. This is an age old custom, the flouting of which sends out signals of grave crisis within the royal household. The crown prince’s absence at the airport was followed by his no-show at key meetings subsequently. The most glaring act of defiance was his absence at a key cabinet meeting presided over by the King. The crown prince was then summoned again for another cabinet meeting in which the king apparently detailed changes in the power structure. However, Prince Mohammad skipped this meeting too, Saudi sources told the paper. The report also lays down instances wherein the crown prince’s absence attracted attention. He did not turn up when important foreign dignitaries from Russia, India, China and Lebanon visited Riyadh. Middle East observers have also pointed out that the crown prince has not made any formal appearance in a fortnight. However, it remains a fact that MBS has remained unseen for longer. Around May last year, the prince’s continued absence at public events had given rise to wild rumours about his death or serious injury. The whole saga started with the shooting down of a drone in Riyadh on April 21 last year, which was interpreted as a coup attempt aimed at the crown prince. When MBS didn’t make any public appearance for weeks on end after this, Iranian media kick-started the death rumours. He is reckless, he’s ruthless, he has a penchant for escalation, for taking high risks, confrontational in his foreign policy approach and I think increasingly willing to test the limits of what he can get away with the United States Close MBS gone ‘full gangster'”At least two bullets have hit bin Salman in April 21 clashes in Riyadh and it is even possible that he is dead,” wrote Iran’s Kayhan newspaper. ‘There is plenty of evidence to suggest that the absence of nearly 30 days of Muhammad bin Sulman, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, is due to an incident which is being hidden from the public,’ it claimed. Something that added fuel to the death rumours was the fact that the crown prince gave a miss to important diplomatic events like the high profile visit of US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
Lakshmi’s NTRTwitterRam Gopal Varma aka RGV’s Lakshmi’s NTR started on a good note and made a decent collection at the box office in the premiere shows. It has beaten Suryakantam, Lucifer and Super Deluxe.Ram Gopal Varma’s track records show that he has a very little fan base in the US, but the controversial subject of late legendary actor NT Rama Rao, who had good followership there, had created a lot of hype and curiosity about Lakshmi’s NTR. But the trade pundits were a bit sceptic about its prospects at the box office, as it clashed with new Indian releases Super Deluxe, Suryakantam, Lucifer and Airaa.Weekend Cinema US, which bagged its overseas theatrical rights, announced to premiere the uncensored version of Lakshmi’s NTR in 125 screens in the US on March 28. It tweeted, “#LakshmIsNTR is going to be our biggest release in USA . Theatre list will be out very soon. Grand Usa premieres on 28th March. Uncut & uncensored Version for USA & Canada . No Beeps, No cuts only Action.”This announcement coupled with the hype boosted its advance booking. But then came in a piece of shocking news that High court has stalled its release. However, Weekend Cinema US tweeted, “#LakshmisNTR will be released exactly as per schedule in USA . & all the other countries. Content is already delivered to all the locations! Also enabled in Moviepass in many locations!! Book your tickets now.”Lakshmi’s NTR has received a brilliant opening and collected $84,578 at the US box office in the premiere shows. This number is likely to cross $100,000 when the final figures are revealed. The controversial biopic of NT Rama Rao has become the biggest opener for Ram Gopal Varma in the country. Lucifer, Super Deluxe and SuryakantamCollage of photos taken from Twitter and FacebookLakshmi’s NTR also leads the race in the US business chart for south Indian movies. Mohanlal’s Lucifer (Malayalam) and Vijay Sethupathi’s Super Deluxe (Tamil) have landed in the second and third place, with their collection of $48,731 and $30,437, respectively, at the US box office on Thursday.OverSeasRights, which provides trusted information about US box office collection, tweeted, “#USA BO at 1:15AM EST #LakshmisNTR – $84,578 from 101 Locs #Suryakantam – $5,914 from 49Locs #Lucifer – $48,731 from 28 Locs #Airaa -$868 #SuperDeluxe – $30,437 #HotelMumbai – $146,094.”
REUTERS/Darren OrnitzFormer Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj passed away at the age of 67 after suffering a cardiac arrest on Tuesday night. During her tenure as a minister, she was very much active on social media and was always offering help. But, she shares an interesting connection with Afghanistani spinner Rashid Khan. During the 2018 season of IPL, Sunrisers Hyderabad faced the Kolkata Knight Riders in a much-awaited clash at the Eden Gardens in the second qualifier of the tournament. The match had a nail-biting finish and Rashid Khan delivered a stand-out performance. The 20-year-old cricketer scored 34 runs off 10 balls and also finished with impressive figures of three wickets for just 19 runs in his quota of four overs.The Afghan all-rounder became the biggest topic of discussion on Twitter that day and there were demands for him to be given Indian citizenship. Then foreign minister Sushma Swaraj took to twitter and made a witty comment. Rashid Khan.IANS”I have seen all the tweets. Citizenship matters are dealt with by Ministry of Home affairs,” her tweet read.In response to that Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani stated that they were not going to let Rashid go and also appreciated India for giving the Afghani players a platform to perform and prove themselves.”Afghans take absolute pride in our hero, Rashid Khan. I am also thankful to our Indian friends for giving our players a platform to show their skills. Rashid reminds us what’s best about Afghanistan. He remains an asset to the cricketing world. No we are not giving him away,” his tweet read.This was not the first time that Swaraj spoke about Afghanistan’s success in international cricket. Earlier in an interview with the PTI, she praised their efforts.”The fact that Afghanistan attained the status of a Test-playing cricket nation is a testament to the indomitable spirit of the people of Afghanistan to not let the forces of death and destruction prevail,” she told PTI.
×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15 Popular on Variety Iflix, which is headquartered in Malaysia and now operates in some 20 developing countries in Asia and Africa, has content development operations elsewhere in Southeast Asia. Late last year it partnered with Next 10 Ventures to launch a $5 million Creators Hub in Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh and the Philippines. The move is intended to deliver short-form content that appeals to the mobile-first nature of audiences in emerging markets. It also has a production deal with Wattpad Studios that is intended to deliver more than 20 pieces of feature-length content. Black Ops Studios Asia has struck a deal with Asian streaming service iflix to create original content from the Philippines. The companies said that BlackOps will deliver at least one feature film and one TV series before the end of the year, but they did not specify any titles, genres or talent attachments.“As the digital space allows us to exert more creative mettle in our work, the opportunity to work with iflix means that our films and shows will reach a wider more diverse market,” said Pedring Lopez, co-founder of Black Ops. The company is an independent producer with main production and post production headquarters in Manila, Philippines, and teams in Hong Kong, Vietnam and Indonesia.The deal was announced at the Hong Kong FilMart. “This is truly a positive step,” said Ria Anne S. Rubia, project development officer at the Film Development Council of the Philippines. “We encourage more of our creators and producers to explore more platforms to release their projects, especially VOD.”
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. Through a smoldering brush fire, past wind-shearing road trains, across the Australian continent, the University of Michigan’s Quantum was the first American car to finish the World Solar Challenge. The Solar Car team placed third overall in the international competition. This is the second victory in a row for Team Tokai; they took home the prize the last time the race was run two years ago. Initially the race was held every three years, but in 1999, it was decided that two years would be better. Over the history of the race, fourteen races have been conducted and Japanese teams have won six, including this year. Teams from the Netherlands have also had some success, wining four. A team from the United States won the first race, but has not been able to repeat that success since.This year the race was particularly emotional for the Japanese team as they dedicated their race to the reconstruction efforts still going on in the wake of the earthquake and tsunami that struck the country last March. © 2011 PhysOrg.com Interview with driver/pilot of Tokai Challenger 2 of Tokai University of Japan at Victoria Square in Adelaide, Australia on Oct. 20, 2011. And while the race has been running since last Sunday (October 16), the contestants were obviously only able to run at night. The actual driving time for the winning car was 32 hours and 45 minutes. Over the course of the race, the cars were stopped at seven checkpoints to allow the teams to see how things were going with the driver and the car, to check weather, etc. Each team was only allowed to perform very routine maintenance such as clearing debris that had accumulated and inflating tires. More information: www.worldsolarchallenge.org/ Team Tokai’s car, sponsored by Panasonic, is basically a tricycle with a high-end carbon frame which is covered with HIT solar panels supplied by Panasonic. Inside, in addition to the driver, is an electric motor and 8650-type high-capacity lithium-ion rechargeable batteries. At its fastest, the car can travel 160 km/h, though for the race it averaged 91.54 kilometers per hour. Explore further Citation: Japanese Team Tokai wins the 3,021 km 2011 Veolia World Solar Challenge (2011, October 21) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2011-10-japanese-team-tokai-km-veolia.html Japanese solar car leads race Down Under Coming in second, just 30 minutes behind the winners, was Nuon Solar, the Team from the Netherlands. The team from the University of Michigan came in third.The race, which was started in 1987 as a means of promoting solar-powered technology had 37 entrants this year, and put drivers through a variety of challenges including wild animals, high temperatures, road trains (trucks with multiple trailers), high winds and a bushfire that put a stop to the race at one point. Team Philippines ran into a very serious problem on Wednesday when its battery exploded after overheating. The battery was replaced and the team forged ahead, showing just how much fortitude the contestants must possess. Image credit: World Solar Challenge (PhysOrg.com) — The Japanese Tokai University Solar Car Team has won the Veolia World Solar Challenge, a 3,021 kilometer race between tiny cars relying on mostly solar power. Running between Darwin, a remote town in one of the most northern parts of Australia, and the city of Adelaide in the very south, the race bisects the continent and takes the drivers and their teams through some very hostile territory. Image credit: World Solar Challenge