The Government of the Republic of Croatia adopted amendments to the Decision on determining the list of companies of strategic and special interest to the Republic of Croatia

first_imgAt the press conference after yesterday’s session of the Government, the Minister of State Property Goran Marić explained the changes to the Decision on determining the list of companies and other legal entities of strategic and special interest to the Republic of Croatia.As Marić pointed out, so far there have been 49 companies on that list, while from now on there will be 40, which is a consequence of a systematic analysis of the situation and that the changes are logical, rational and economically justified.The companies that were removed from the list, 11 of them, are the Zagreb-Macelj Motorway, Bina-Istra, Brijuni Riviera, Brodarski Institute, Croatian Agency for Mandatory Stocks of Petroleum and Petroleum Products, Underground Gas Storage, Central Depository and Clearing Company, Aeronautical Technical Center, Vukovar Port, Đuro Đaković Holding and Mali Lošinj Airport.He said the reason for removing those companies from the list is that they do not meet the criteria needed for a particular company to be on the list. “In order for a company to be on the list of strategic interest, it must be of infrastructural importance for the Republic of Croatia, the Republic of Croatia must be the owner of that company.”, Said Marić, and as an example he cited Bina Istra, whose Republic of Croatia is not the owner, and which is ready for restructuring, recapitalization and privatization.Also, four companies that were on the list, but on the list of special interest, are now being moved to the list of strategic interest, namely APIS, Državne nekretnine, Hrvatska pošta and Jadrolinija.At the same time, two companies are included in this list, namely ACI and Croatia Airlines. On this occasion, Minister Marić announced that a large investment is planned, ie a project to build an ACI marina in Mali Lošinj, which will activate state property that has been neglected for 27 years.last_img read more

Thursday August 8th Local Sports

first_imgMINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Twins turned their second triple play with Martín Pérez on the mound in a span of less than three weeks. With three runs already in for Atlanta in the third inning and the bases loaded, Miguel Sanó, Jonathan Schoop and C.J. Cron turned three in plenty of time to beat Tyler Flowers after his sharp grounder. Pérez was also pitching on July 22 against the New York Yankees, when Edwin Encarnación grounded into a 5-4-3 triple play in that game. MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Ozzie Albies homered twice in his second straight four-hit game, Ronald Acuña Jr. and Freddie Freeman both went deep, and the Atlanta Braves beat the Minnesota Twins 11-7. Max Fried used a season-high 10 strikeouts to win his fourth consecutive start. The terrific trio at the top of the lineup provided more than sufficient support, with Acuña, Albies and Freeman combining for eight hits and five RBIs in 15 at-bats. They were 23 for 45 with seven home runs and 15 RBIs in this three-game series.== The Twins starting tonight will host Cleveland for a four-game series. The Indians, who were 11 games behind Minnesota earlier this season, have cut the Twins’ AL Central lead to two after taking two of three games from the Texas Rangers. Tonight and tomorrow night are 7:10 starts with the pre-game at 6:30 on KGLO. Saturday is a 6:10 start with a 5:30 pre-game show. On Sunday, “Inside Twins” starts the day at 12:00 noon, the pre-game is at 12:30 with the first pitch at 1:10. ‘ CEDAR FALLS — Northern Iowa coach Mark Farley says two leaders have emerged in the battle to become the Panthers’ quarterback. Redshirt sophomore Jacob Keller and redshirt freshman Will McElvain have stood out in a four man race for the job.Farley says he waited until after the first five days of practice to assess the situation.Whoever wins the job will make his first start August 31st at Iowa State.Farley does not rule out playing more than one quarterback in the opener. IOWA CITY — Life after Megan Gustafson gets an early start for the Iowa Hawkeye women this weekend when they open a trip to Spain. The national player of the year capped her senior season by leading the Hawkeyes to the Big Ten Tournament title and a trip to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament. Iowa coach Lisa Bluder.After losing three key seniors from last year Bluder says the trip will be beneficial in terms of building chemistry.Bluder says traveling abroad is a great way to build chemistry.Senior guard Mackenzie Meyer of Mason City says the Hawkeyes are motivated to show they will still be a factor.center_img IOWA CITY — The University of Iowa has extended the contract of athletics director Gary Barta for three years through the 2023-24 academic year.Barta will get a pay raise that will take him from $800,000 yearly to $1 million for the 2020-21 school year, and $1.05 million the following three years.“I’m grateful to President Harreld and everyone at the University for the opportunity I have to work in a great environment at a world-class institution,” Barta said in a release. “Our student-athletes, coaches, and staff are having incredible success. We have the best fans in the country and their support is truly appreciated. And, I believe the best is yet to come.”Barta was hired from Wyoming in the summer of 2006 after Bob Bowlsby left to become the athletics director at Stanford. He is in his first year of a three year term as a member of the College Football Playoff Selection Committee AMES — Once considered a weakness Iowa State’s offensive line is considered a strength heading into the new season. Four seniors are part of a line that returns a starter at all five positions, including left tackle Julian Good-Jones.Good-Jones says experience is a big factor.Standout running back David Montgomery is now a member of the Chicago Bears but Good-Jones does not feel that will put added pressure on the offensive line.Cyclone coach Matt Campbell says it has been a long process to get the offensive line to this point.Campbell says experience is a major factor in offensive line play.last_img read more

This year’s Worth County Fair cancelled

first_imgNORTHWOOD — This year’s Worth County Fair has been cancelled due to the pandemic.Fair organizers in a social media post on Thursday night said their primary goal was to keep the community, exhibitors and many fair volunteers safe.Extension staff members are working to transition the exhibits and livestock shows to a virtual platform. You are encouraged to follow the Worth County 4-H Facebook page for announcements regarding those virtual opportunities.The 2021 Worth County Fair is scheduled for June 16th through the 20th.last_img read more

MacLOCHLAINN’S ANGER WITH CENTRAL BANK BOSS OVER ANGLO TAPES

first_imgPadraig Mac LochlainnDONEGAL Deputy Padraig Mac Lochlainn has angrily hit out at Central Bank Governor Patrick Honohan over comments relating to the Anglo Irish Bank tapes.He said the content of the taped conversations between Anglo officials was reflective of a culture that was offensive and embarrassing nationally.Independent Newspapers has published transcripts of conversations from 2008 between managers at the bank. Mr Honohan said a new element that is disclosed in the tapes is the suggestion that the financial problems at the bank were much worse and there was an intent to entrap the Central Bank.But Padraig Mac Lochlainn condemned Patrick Honahan.“These Anglo Tapes are not embarrassing nationally,” said Mac Lochlainn.“They reflect the true contempt of senior bankers in Europe, the US and in Ireland have had for the rest of us. “This is not unique to Ireland in any way; 1% of the population of Europe (us) are paying 40% of the banking debt from what was a European banking crisis. I am sick of the apologists for this terrible crime against our people.”  MacLOCHLAINN’S ANGER WITH CENTRAL BANK BOSS OVER ANGLO TAPES was last modified: July 7th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:MacLOCHLAINN’S ANGER WITH CENTRAL BANK BOSS OVER ANGLO TAPESlast_img read more