The Government of the Republic of Croatia adopted amendments to the Decision on determining the list of companies of strategic and special interest to the Republic of Croatia

first_imgAt the press conference after yesterday’s session of the Government, the Minister of State Property Goran Marić explained the changes to the Decision on determining the list of companies and other legal entities of strategic and special interest to the Republic of Croatia.As Marić pointed out, so far there have been 49 companies on that list, while from now on there will be 40, which is a consequence of a systematic analysis of the situation and that the changes are logical, rational and economically justified.The companies that were removed from the list, 11 of them, are the Zagreb-Macelj Motorway, Bina-Istra, Brijuni Riviera, Brodarski Institute, Croatian Agency for Mandatory Stocks of Petroleum and Petroleum Products, Underground Gas Storage, Central Depository and Clearing Company, Aeronautical Technical Center, Vukovar Port, Đuro Đaković Holding and Mali Lošinj Airport.He said the reason for removing those companies from the list is that they do not meet the criteria needed for a particular company to be on the list. “In order for a company to be on the list of strategic interest, it must be of infrastructural importance for the Republic of Croatia, the Republic of Croatia must be the owner of that company.”, Said Marić, and as an example he cited Bina Istra, whose Republic of Croatia is not the owner, and which is ready for restructuring, recapitalization and privatization.Also, four companies that were on the list, but on the list of special interest, are now being moved to the list of strategic interest, namely APIS, Državne nekretnine, Hrvatska pošta and Jadrolinija.At the same time, two companies are included in this list, namely ACI and Croatia Airlines. On this occasion, Minister Marić announced that a large investment is planned, ie a project to build an ACI marina in Mali Lošinj, which will activate state property that has been neglected for 27 years.last_img read more

Cruise Ships with Sick Passengers Approaching Dock at Port Everglades

first_imgThe cruise line said that guests who are healthy for travel per the CDC guidelines will transfer directly from the ships to flights for travel home, with the majority of those passengers being on charter flights.For additional caution, those guests will be transported in coaches that will be sanitized with limited person-to-person contact. They will also be given masks.Guests have not left the ship since March 14, and have been self-isolating in their staterooms since March 22.Holland America said about 45 guests who still show symptoms of mild illness and are not yet ready to travel will continue to isolate on board the ship until they fully recover.The company added that less than 10 people need immediate critical care, and Holland America has obtain approval from a local health partner to treat those passengers.Since March 22, 97 guests (83 on Zaandam and 14 on Rotterdam) and 136 crew members on Zaandam have shown flu-like symptoms.There are 808 guests and 583 crew members on the Rotterdam, while the Zaandam has 442 guests and 603 crew members.There are 52 Florida residents on the ships, and four children under age 12.At least two people have died on the ships from the coronavirus, while another nine have tested positive.Broward County has the second-highest number of COVID-19 cases in the state with 1,346. In addition, 145 people have been hospitalized because of the virus in the county, and 17 have died. Two Holland America Line cruise ships with dozens of sick passengers on board are approaching Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale.The Zaandam and the Rotterdam are scheduled to dock late Thursday afternoon.In a blog post, Holland America Line said: “We remain fully engaged with the Broward Unified Command and other governmental and embassy authorities to resolve this humanitarian situation and get the nearly 1,200 well guests home immediately who are fit for travel per guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).”last_img read more

USC junior quarterback Matt Barkley to forgo 2012 NFL draft

first_imgJunior quarterback Matt Barkley will stay at USC for his senior season, forgoing the 2012 NFL draft. Barkley was the last of the four draft eligible juniors to announce his decision and just one day after junior safety T.J. McDonaldBarkley made his announcement Thursday at Heritage Hall in front of a crowd of media and fans. Barkley took to the podium promptly at 1 p.m.Junior quarterback Matt Barkley announced his decision to stay at USC for a senior season at a press conference on Thursday. Andie Hagemann | Daily TrojanThe quarterback discussed the lengthy process involved in the decision making process. The three-year starter came to his conclusion after meetings with USC coach Lane Kiffin, Athletic Director Pat Haden and those associated with the NFL, including agents.“It is my dream to play quarterback in the NFL and I intend to make that dream a reality,” Barkley said. “But I know in my heart I have not yet finished my journey as a Trojan football player.”Barkley was one of the players who stayed despite the sanctions the NCAA handed down to USC two years ago.“Our USC football team has been through some tough times and we have persevered,” Barkley said. “The 2012 team has some serious unfinished business to attend to and I intend to play a part of it.”Immediately following his announcement, the crowd at Heritage Hall cheered as the Trojan Marching Band played. Barkley said he values his education at USC and is not postponing his dreams to play football at the professional level because of his desire to have another year as a college student.Barkley credits his decision to stay to the inspiration from his fellow teammates. “I am staying because I want to finish what I started — finish alongside the most dedicated and courageous teammates I could ever have known for a few short years,” he said. “I dedicated myself fully to achieving all that I can as a USC football player.”last_img read more