123 Witt Ave, Carrara. 123 Witt Ave, Carrara. 123 Witt Ave, Carrara.A STUNNING resort-inspired property in Carrara is set to go under the hammer this weekend.The four-bedroom house at 123 Witt Ave features two living areas and a separate dining space as well as high ceilings and airconditioning.The kitchen has been renovated and has plenty of cupboard space and a new gas cooker and oven.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North11 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day agoThe main bedroom is ensuited while the laundry is recently renovated.Outside there is a salt water pool with timber decking and palm trees overlooking the waterfront as well as a boat shed and pontoon.Harcourts Coastal agent Shaun Bourke is taking the property to auction on February 11 at 1pm.He said the property offered a family-sized home in a remarkable location with boating and water skiing at your doorstep.
On Jan. 10, 2009, Pete Carroll stepped down as USC head coach. The resignation started a period of turmoil for the Trojans.Rumors had been swirling of potential NCAA sanctions for USC. On June 10, they became official. Both Southern California and the NCAA found that 2005 Heisman Trophy-winning running back Reggie Bush received gifts from an agent, thereby forfeiting his amateur status.Bush was forced to return his Heisman, but he was already in the NFL. The bigger issue was for USC.The storied program vacated its final two games of the 2004 season, including its national championship, and all of its wins in 2005. The Trojans were also banned from postseason play in both 2010 and 2011, and were docked scholarships for three seasons.On Saturday, No. 2 USC (1-0) will meet Syracuse (0-1) inside MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. But the past penalties continue to swirl around USC, as it will play with 75 scholarship players instead of the typically allotted 85 this season.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textIt hasn’t mattered for USC as of yet. The Trojans entered the season ranked No. 1 in the country and are among the favorites to win their first national championship since — technically — 2003.But not everyone is buying the hype.“They’re certainly talented,” Sports Illustrated college sports writer Pete Thamel said. “But I worry that depth may catch up to them this year a little bit and I’m not sold on their defense.”Overall, though, the general consensus seems to be that the hype is justified for USC. Even Thamel said he believes they are in the national championship conversation.The sanctions could have crippled USC, but the Trojans have already bounced back to become a national threat once again.In 2009, USC started a true freshman quarterback for the first time in program history. Matt Barkley joined the Trojans with lofty expectations as Rivals.com’s No. 5 overall prospect and ESPN’s top prospect. That season, Barkley led Southern California to a 9-4 record and an Emerald Bowl victory over Boston College.But Carroll left for the Seattle Seahawks during the ensuing offseason. Lane Kiffin left the University of Tennessee and returned to his alma mater to take over as head coach.The NCAA handed down its sanctions and allowed all USC players to transfer without penalty. Barkley could have been one of them.But what he would do was never in doubt.“I never questioned my loyalty to this school, never thought I was going to leave,” Barkley said in a teleconference Tuesday. “It never crossed my mind once.”Instead, the Trojans used the two sanction-ridden seasons as growing experiences. Everyone who stuck around at USC did so knowing that, for two seasons, there would be no postseason glory.What that fostered was a tight-knit group that puts individual goals in the backseat.“We have a very close team,” Kiffin said in the teleconference. “I think they’re very unselfish. I think we have so many nationally star players, nationally recognized players that it creates pressure for stats on kids, but our kids aren’t like that.”Southern California showed that last Saturday.In USC’s season-opening 49-10 victory over Hawaii, starting running back Curtis McNeal carried the ball just five times, and preseason Heisman Trophy candidate wide receiver Robert Woods had just six catches. For a team hoping to take full advantage of its bowl eligibility, the win was all that mattered.Still, Barkley continued to grow into his role as one of the nation’s best college quarterbacks. After guiding the Trojans to a solid 8-5 record in 2010, Barkley led Southern California back onto the national stage in 2011.Despite spending nearly half the season unranked, USC finished the season No. 6 in its final season of bowl ineligibility.That could have been the end of the Barkley era in Los Angeles.The quarterback likely would have been a Top-10, if not Top-five, pick had he left for the NFL following his junior season. When his left tackle, Matt Kalil, declared for the NFL Draft on Dec. 16, 2011, many expected Barkley to follow.Six days later, Barkley held a press conference to announce his decision. The quarterback presented his head coach with a Christmas ornament featuring a picture of the two of them with the words “One more year” written on the back.“The fact that we couldn’t play the last couple years in the postseason had a lot more to do with it,” Barkley said of his decision to return for his senior season. “Just knowing the team we have this year and how special these guys are, and the talent level and really the character of these guys and how bad they want it, how hard they were willing to work, I saw that at the end of last year and I didn’t want to miss out on it.”While Barkley’s had the chance to play in a bowl game, most of his teammates are still waiting for their opportunity. For players like tight end Randall Telfer, this is the moment they’ve been waiting for since they set foot on USC’s campus.A redshirt sophomore, Telfer arrived at Southern California knowing that he would be unable to play in a bowl game during his first two seasons. But after two seasons of watching games from home in December and January, the Trojans are expected to be playing at the end of the season.“It’s definitely a big deal,” Telfer said. “This is what I came to USC for.”And for roughly half of the Southern California student body, 2012 is the first chance they have to see the Trojans play in the postseason.Telfer says the feeling around campus is noticeably different this season from a year ago because of the expectations and anticipation for the postseason.“We’ve got a lot of support coming from students, staff, faculty,” Tefler said. “So it just starts with family, community, and there’s lots of excitement in the community.”But right now, the focus for USC isn’t the past two seasons, nor is it the national championship, which isn’t until Jan. 7, 2013.For now, the Trojans are taking an approach of one game at a time. There’s still a long way to go until the postseason, and Barkley doesn’t want to let his final chance at a bowl game slip away.“Nothing’s set in stone, you’ve got to work for it,” Barkley said. “That’s a long way away, January’s a long way away. We know that it’s really going to take one game at a time.“We knew that it’s going to be a long haul.” Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on September 5, 2012 at 2:22 am Contact David: email@example.com | @DBWilson2
Ed Lenderman, Posted: April 25, 2018 Firefighters contain house fire in Pacific Highlands Ranch area Updated: 9:54 AM Ed Lenderman April 25, 2018 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) — A family of four escaped their burning home this morning in San Diego’s Pacific Highlands Ranch neighborhood near Carmel Valley, but their garage and two vehicles were destroyed by the fire and smoke damaged much of the home, causing a loss of about a quarter-million dollars, authorities said.The blaze, reported about 4:15 a.m., prompted fire crews to evacuate several nearby homes in the 15000 block of Sierra Rose Trail near Blue Dawn Trail, San Diego Fire-Rescue Department officials said. No injuries were reported.Firefighters arrived to the upscale community near Carmel Valley to find flames and heavy smoke spewing from the garage of the home, SDFD spokesman Monica Munoz said. The crews quickly worked to evacuate nearby homes and search the burning house, though they later learned the two adults and two children who lived there had already evacuated safely.Fire crews knocked down the flames by 4:40 a.m. and extinguished a hot spot that flared up a few hours later.According to reporters at the scene, the home was equipped with new smoke alarms that alerted the family and allowed them plenty of time to escape unharmed. Personnel from the American Red Cross responded to assist the family find temporary shelter, Munoz said.Fortunately, no one was hurt and the damage was mostly confined to the garage, with a bit of extension into the second-floor bedroom above the garage,” Munoz said. “The combination of the fire door between the garage and the home, and quick action by firefighters, saved the first floor of this home from burning.”Two vehicles in the garage were destroyed and there was smoke damage throughout the house, Munoz said. Investigators estimate the fire caused $150,000 worth of structural damage and destroyed contents valued at $100,000.Metro Arson Strike Team investigators were on scene this morning but were unable to determine what caused the blaze. Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedWilmington Boy Scouts Troop 136 To Hold Car Wash On September 8 To Benefit McLaren Family Following TragedyIn “Community”Cub Scout Pack 136 Announce Pumpkin Sale, Haunted Trail Walk & Haunted House FundraisersIn “Community”Wilmington Boy Scouts To Hold Car Wash On May 19In “Community” WILMINGTON, MA — Wilmington’s Boy Scout Troop 136 held a Car Wash fundraiser on Saturday, September at the Friendship Lodge.All proceeds benefited the McLaren family of Wilmington. On July 30, Tom McLaren was injured in a motorcycle accident on his way to work on Route 128. He remains hospitalized with serious injuries. Tom’s family includes his wife Wanda, and his two children, Leila and David. David is a member of Troop 136.For those who were out of town and unable to attend, a GoFundMe was set up by friends of the family at http://www.gofundme.com/support-for-the-mclaren-family. Any and all donations are greatly appreciated and will go directly to the family for living and medical expenses.Below are photos of the event, from Dick Searfoss, posted on the Friendship Lodge’s website:
Metals and mining major Vedanta’s proposed deal to merge with subsidiary Cairn India would take at least another quarter to be completed.On 14 June last year, Vedanta had announced its plans to merge with Cairn India in a deal worth $2.3 billion. Anil Agarwal-led Vedanta Resources had said in November last year that the merger would be completed by 2016’s April-June quarter. But, it has now been disclosed that the merger will be delayed further by “at least a quarter”.”The management has given to understand that the merger is running behind schedule and the companies are still awaiting a date from the high court to convene a meeting of shareholders,” The Financial Express quoted an analyst, who participated in the conference call hosted by Cairn India last Friday after its third quarter results, as saying.The shareholders’ meeting after the court’s order will be the “most crucial” for the merger to go ahead, according to another analyst who is closely tracking the transaction.For the merger to sail through, a majority of shareholders have to vote in favour of the transaction.”With regard to proposed merger with Vedanta Limited, the company is seeking directions of the Bombay High Court for convening meeting of all our relevant stakeholders,” Cairn India said in its statement on 22 January.Cairn India had given a $1.25 billion loan to Vedanta in July 2014 at below market rates that led to a sharp fall in investors’ wealth. Initially, Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) — a major stakeholder in the oil and gas explorer — had objected to such an unhealthy move, but did not take any action.In September last year, the stock exchanges had given “no objection” for the merger.”The potential merger with parent Vedanta remains a key concern. The proposed swap ratio at Vedanta’s current share price implies value for Cairn of only Rs 84/share, implying 30% downside potential to the current price,” Nomura said in a note to its clients last week.