Canadian Solar subsidiary signs major California PV-plus-storage deal

first_imgCanadian Solar subsidiary signs major California PV-plus-storage deal FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Solar Industry:Recurrent Energy LLC, a subsidiary of Canadian Solar, has signed two 15-year power purchase agreements (PPAs) in California with Silicon Valley Clean Energy and Monterey Bay Community Power for a 150 MW AC solar power system with 180 MWh of battery storage. According to Canadian Solar, this joint procurement represents the largest contracted solar-plus-storage project in California to date.This partnership resulted from a joint procurement process that Silicon Valley Clean Energy and Monterey Bay Community Power launched in September 2017 to source renewable power for their respective communities.“As a community choice aggregator (CCA), we are proud to help California lead the transition to clean, reliable and flexible energy,” states Girish Balachandran, CEO of Silicon Valley Clean Energy. “We are proud to partner on a new renewable energy project that makes a significant investment to reach our state’s carbon-free energy goals and contribute to solving the state’s grid integration problem by investing in large grid-scale energy storage.”Power will be supplied from Recurrent Energy’s Slate photovoltaic-plus-storage project, to be built in Kings County, Calif. The project is scheduled to reach commercial operations in 2021, and the energy represented by the contracts is enough to power 37,500 homes, providing Silicon Valley Clean Energy with 55% of the energy and Monterey Bay with the other 45% of the combined output.The project’s lithium-ion battery component is 45 MW nameplate with 180 MWh of energy capacity, allowing for four hours of flexible energy delivery.More: Big solar-plus-storage deal signed in Californialast_img read more

Republic of Ireland suffer European Under-21 Championship qualification blow

first_imgThe Republic of Ireland’s hopes of qualifying for the 2017 European Under-21 Championship hang in the balance after a 3-1 defeat by Lithuania in Vilnius on Friday night. Conor Wilkinson had already hit the crossbar when he equalised after 44 minutes with a well-hit drive across the goalkeeper, only to see Simonas Stankevicius restore Lithuania’s lead a minute later from the edge of the box. Lithuania wrapped up the three points 18 minutes from time courtesy of Donatas Kazlauskas’ low strike after being played in by Stankevicius. A miserable night for Noel King’s side, who lost Glen Rea to injury just before kick-off and saw Jack Connors limp off early on, was complete when Sean Kavanagh was sent off in the closing stages. Press Associationcenter_img Ireland won their first three qualifiers but lost in Italy last month and must now pick themselves up following a shock result against Group 2’s bottom side, who had previously failed to register a point. The Republic fell behind in the 22nd minute when Lukas Spalvis met Vykintas Slivka’s left-wing cross with a powerful header which flew over Daniel Rogers and into the net. last_img read more