Michael Ryan may have to plan without Patrick Bonner Maher for the Tipperary Senior Hurlers opening championship game in a fortnight’s time.It’s understood he picked up a hamstring injury in his club’s Lorrha -Dorrha championship loss to Templederry Keynon at the weekend.The extent of the injury isn’t yet known or whether it could affect his chances of being included in team against Cork.
Sandals Royal Barbados via sandals.com MONTEGO BAY, Jamaica – The Caribbean’s leading hotel chain, Sandals Resorts International says it is closing all Sandals and Beaches Resorts for the period March 30 to May 15, 2020, to protect guests and staff against COVID-19.In a statement, Sandals founder and Chairman Gordon “Butch” Stewart described the decision as difficult, but said it will use the time to make further enhancements to its resorts, “so that we will continue to surpass your expectations and provide you with the luxury-included vacation you so well deserve”“Therefore, we will not be able to accept new arrivals as of March 23, 2020. We also want to alleviate any additional worry you might have about your upcoming vacation. Our dedicated team will be reaching out to you personally to assist with rescheduling your future plans. This way, you can spend less time trying to reach us and more time with your loved ones,” Stewart said.“The Caribbean is resilient. We have always come back better, stronger and more passionate than ever. We promise this time will be no exception,” Stewart added.“When the time is right, you can trust us to be here, ready to welcome you back with open arms and a warm smile. Soon come back,” he said.The brand, which operates 19 properties in the Caribbean (10 of which are in Jamaica), are responsible for thousands of jobs, particularly on Jamaica’s north coast. The temporary closure of these and other hotels means that thousands of hospitality workers will possibly be without an income.Just last week, three RIU Hotel properties in western Jamaica announced their closure due to low visitor arrival. Some 1,000 workers are expected to be left without jobs during the period of closure at the three affected properties: RIU Palace Jamaica, RIU Negril and RIU Montego Bay.
U.S. Soccer says it has paid women’s national team more than men’s team Megan Rapinoe writing book, wants to ‘inspire people to find what they can do’ Ellis, 52, became the eighth head coach of the national team when she took over in 2014 after serving two separate stints as interim coach. She replaced Tom Sermanni after his dismissal.2 – Jill Ellis will leave the #USWNT second in team history in wins and as one of two managers (mens or womens) to win multiple World Cups. Pinnacle. pic.twitter.com/KwpwzMFO72— OptaJack⚽️ (@OptaJack) July 30, 2019She saw much success as the national team’s leader as she became one of just two coaches (man or woman) to win back-to-back World Cup titles. The last time that feat was accomplished was more than 80 years ago when Vittorio Pozzo was leading Italy’s men’s national team in the 1934 and 1938 tournaments. She’s the first to win two Women’s World Cups. Ellis ends her career with an overall record of 102-7-18, winning eight major tournaments. The move doesn’t come as too much of a surprise as Ellis’ current contract is set expire Wednesday, though there was an option to extend her contract through the 2020 Olympics. The Equalizer notes that it was Ellis’ decision to move on.While this is the end of her USWNT coaching career, Ellis will continue to work with the federation for at least the next year in the role of an ambassador, representing U.S. Soccer at various events. For everything she has done and everything she has meant to this program we say, THANK YOU ❤️Jill Ellis will step down as #USWNT head coach in October.#ThankYouJill: https://t.co/5I3dwtQXIo pic.twitter.com/QkCAkMItQj— U.S. Soccer WNT (@USWNT) July 30, 2019“The opportunity to coach this team and work with these amazing women has been the honor of a lifetime,” Ellis said in a statement. “I want to thank and praise them for their commitment and passion to not only win championships but also raise the profile of this sport globally while being an inspiration to those who will follow them.“When I accepted the head coaching position this was the time frame I envisioned. The timing is right to move on, and the program is positioned to remain at the pinnacle of women’s soccer. Change is something I have always embraced in my life, and for me and my family this is the right moment.” Related News FIFA wants to expand Women’s World Cup to 32 teams within days The U.S. women’s national team will have a new coach as it prepares for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup. Jill Ellis is stepping down as the national team’s head coach just weeks after leading the U.S. to the 2019 World Cup title, U.S. Soccer announced Tuesday. She plans to stay with the national team for its five-game World Cup victory tour, which starts Saturday against Ireland at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California, and will end in early October.