John Terry has been given the green light to return to action and will feature in an Under-21 game against Fulham this evening.Chelsea were hopeful their skipper would be able to take part in the match at the Blues’ Cobham training ground.And Terry, who has been named in the starting line-up, is expected to play 45 minutes.It is his first outing since suffering a knee injury against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge two months ago.Interim manager Rafael Benitez this week stated that he would consider Terry for first-team selection if he came through this week’s match unscathed.Click here for today’s Chelsea quizSee also:Blow for Chelsea as Terry stays sidelinedInjured Terry still unable to return Bone bruising prolongs Terry’s injury woeTerry could return to action this 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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
The Indian Premier League (IPL) governing council has decided against allowing unsold players to be picked up by the franchisees, sources said on Friday.Former India captain Sourav Ganguly.The decision, taken during the IPL governing council meeting on Friday, comes as a jolt to former Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly, who had headed Shah Rukh Khan’s team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for two seasons.Ganguly was among the three capped players who had remained unsold during the players’ auction held in Bangalore last month. VRV Singh and Wasim Jaffer were the other two players.Later, the Kochi team had expressed interest in picking up Ganguly. While the meeting was still underway, sources told Headlines Today that the governing council had turned down Kochi’s request to pick up unsold players after some franchisees raised objections.Sources said as many as three franchises — Royal Challengers Bangalore, Mumbai Indians and the Rajasthan Royals had objected to Kochi team’s move.
VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – There will undoubtedly be many renditions of “O Canada” sung at concerts, community events and backyard BBQs this Canada Day. But what if we all chose one moment and performed the anthem at the same time?We’re working to help to make that happen.We’re inviting you join us for the Canada 150 National Anthem Singalong. How does it work? On July 1, roughly 49,000 people will be gathered to watch the Blue Jays game in Toronto. At the moment when that crowd joins the singing of the national anthem, our colleagues from across Rogers radio and television stations will broadcast “O Canada” as well. Whether you’re at a pool party with a couple of dozen friends or hanging by yourself on the cottage dock, you’ll be able to connect with fellow Canadians across the country by singing along.The pre-game ceremonies at the game will start at 1 pm ET and be carried live on Sportsnet, Sportsnet 590 The FAN and Sportsnet NOW.City television stations will simulcast the ceremonies in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto and Montreal until the anthem concludes. Rogers’ radio stations – including this one – across the country will broadcast the anthem at 1:11 pm ET so you can join in.And, if you’d like to join the fun, please share videos of your versions of the anthem on social media — including Facebook Live — and use the hashtag #singalong150.There will be plenty of memorable moments this Canada Day. We’re hoping this might be one of them.
Tamara Pimentel APTN National News Ann Jirousek describes her niece as a wild bird. Beautiful, wild, free-spirited, strong and brave.That’s how the family of Tara Tailfeathers want to remember the 36-year-old.They’ve been losing sleep. Not only from the shock of Tailfeathers’s sudden death – but from the images of her found online, that followed days later.“Every time I closed my eyes. All I would see, is this image of her on the floor of her apartment,” said Elle-Maija Tailfeathers.Tara Tailfeathers was a member of the Blood Tribe in Alberta.She was found dead in her Calgary apartment on April 3 of a drug overdose.Photos of the incident were found on multiple websites three days later.A photo of her identification, the scene being searched by emergency medical services, and a photo of her, laying on the floor of her room just as she was found.Jirousek came across the photos while searching her niece’s name online.“I thought, that can’t be Tara. It can’t be Tara,” she said.A man named Jerzy Babkowski, who lived upstairs from Tailfeathers told APTN that he was the one who took the photos.He denied posting them online but wasn’t clear on how they got there.Babkowski said he was a friend of Tailfeathers, and that on April 3, Tailfeathers’s boyfriend asked him to check on her since he hadn’t heard from her for days.That’s when he found Tailfeathers’s body, called 911 and snapped some photos of her.When EMS arrived, Bobkowski continued taking photos.“Why was this man allowed in? Why were these pictures allowed to be taken? It hurts because aboriginal women are treated in such a manor,” said Jirousek. “They didn’t treat her like she had any dignity left.”The Tailfeathers family said they blame Calgary police for allowing Babkowski on the scene.They believe her death wasn’t handled properly because she is an Indigenous woman.But police say those photos were taken prior to their arrival.“When the police arrived, we removed him up to the second floor of the residence,” said Inspector Terry Larson.APTN asked EMS what their protocol is in these situations.“While we strongly support the respectful treatment of anyone in our care, paramedics have no policing authority to physically intervene in any circumstance,” EMS said in a statement.Calgary Police said Babkowski did nothing illegal.“We’ve looked at any charges that may be applicable with the crown and the crown says there is no criminal offense that has been committed.”For the family of Tara Tailfeathers the nightmare is far from over. Cousin, Elle-Maija says the memories of her cousin has been tainted.“The photos are horrific. I don’t want to have to remember my cousin that way. No one should ever have to see their loved ones in that way.”email@example.com
CIA Concludes Saudi Prince Personally Ordered Jamal Khashoggis Death IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:00/1:31Loaded: 0%0:01Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-1:31?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading … Missing journalist Jamal KhashoggiANIRecently US senators accused the kingdom of a series of misdeeds, adding that the Crown Prince has gone “full gangster.” The US lawmakers — Republicans and Democrats — also slammed the kingdom for the way it handled the civil war in Yemen as well as the series of alleged human rights abuses.”He is reckless, he’s ruthless, he has a penchant for escalation, for taking high risks, confrontational in his foreign policy approach and I think increasingly willing to test the limits of what he can get away with the United States,” Senator Marco Rubio said. Saudi crown prince Mohammad bin Salman said that the Israelis have the right to own their land.ReutersIf reports doing the rounds are true there is a widening rift between Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and his father, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. The enfant terrible of the Al Saud dynasty has had a rather unchecked run so far as ‘King in everything but name’. However, the 33-year-old’s stranglehold on Saudi Arabia is on the wane, multiple reports have said.Prince Mohammad invited worldwide condemnation and infamy after the brutal killing of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi consulate in Turkey last year. His role in spearheading the bitter and destructive war on Yemen was also widely criticised. Of late, the Saudi King was also disturbed about the draining of investment from Saudi Arabia in the aftermath of the Khashoggi murder. Salman revokes crown prince’s key powersThe Guardian newspaper reported on Monday that King Salman has stripped the crown prince of some crucial powers. The ageing and ailing king made the move after the crown prince stretched his powers as the deputy king thin when his father was on an official visit to Egypt last month, the paper reported. It is extremely rare for a crown prince to use his temporary powers as the deputy king during the monarch’s absence, but MBS moved swiftly to announce key appointments when the king was travelling. He promoted his sister as the kingdom’s envoy to Washington and appointed his brother in the defence ministry. Sources told the British newspaper that both the appointments were done without the king’s approval. Saudi Arabia’s King Salman attends a Memorandum of Understanding signing ceremony in Putrajaya, Malaysia February 27, 2017. [Representational Image]Reuters fileThe King’s Egypt visit was marred by lurking fears of a possible coup against the ageing monarch. The fears were so palpable that the King removed his security detail midway through the foreign jaunt and brought in a 30-member team of handpicked loyalists from Riyadh.To make matters worse, the all powerful crown prince did not turn up at the airport to welcome back the King. This is an age old custom, the flouting of which sends out signals of grave crisis within the royal household. The crown prince’s absence at the airport was followed by his no-show at key meetings subsequently. The most glaring act of defiance was his absence at a key cabinet meeting presided over by the King. The crown prince was then summoned again for another cabinet meeting in which the king apparently detailed changes in the power structure. However, Prince Mohammad skipped this meeting too, Saudi sources told the paper. The report also lays down instances wherein the crown prince’s absence attracted attention. He did not turn up when important foreign dignitaries from Russia, India, China and Lebanon visited Riyadh. Middle East observers have also pointed out that the crown prince has not made any formal appearance in a fortnight. However, it remains a fact that MBS has remained unseen for longer. Around May last year, the prince’s continued absence at public events had given rise to wild rumours about his death or serious injury. The whole saga started with the shooting down of a drone in Riyadh on April 21 last year, which was interpreted as a coup attempt aimed at the crown prince. When MBS didn’t make any public appearance for weeks on end after this, Iranian media kick-started the death rumours. He is reckless, he’s ruthless, he has a penchant for escalation, for taking high risks, confrontational in his foreign policy approach and I think increasingly willing to test the limits of what he can get away with the United States Close MBS gone ‘full gangster'”At least two bullets have hit bin Salman in April 21 clashes in Riyadh and it is even possible that he is dead,” wrote Iran’s Kayhan newspaper. ‘There is plenty of evidence to suggest that the absence of nearly 30 days of Muhammad bin Sulman, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, is due to an incident which is being hidden from the public,’ it claimed. Something that added fuel to the death rumours was the fact that the crown prince gave a miss to important diplomatic events like the high profile visit of US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
The show titled Flow is a revolutionary form of theatre that combines the art of dance with storytelling. Organised by Zorian Cross Productions and Art in Motio, the production will showcase over six forms of dance (including ballet, lyrical contemporary, modern and theatre jazz) with six different genres of music (including Broadway, 80’s pop, classical, and EDM), in six different stories showcased within the span of an hour and a half.Directed by Zorian Cross, Flow consists of a team of three choreographers and thirteen dancers to create an epic show the city has ever seen. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’Cross is a multi-award–winning actor and playwright. In just five years of theatrical experience, he has played major roles in plays by authors ranging from Shakespeare to Dario Fo, as well as his own original work. His first original play, The Coming Out, not only became a local sensation at the 2011 Short+Sweet theatre festival in Delhi, but also won him the Best New Talent award for acting and writing. The play went on to be performed in five different cities across the world, winning five awards in Bangalore and one in Sydney. He plans to revolutionise the Delhi theatre scene through his company – Zorian Cross Productions with the aim of promoting original work and discovering and nurturing fresh talent. The company’s debut production, Game Night, became the biggest theatrical sensation of the year, garnering over eight sold out shows. When: 25 October Where: Kamani Auditorium, Mandi House, Timing: 7 pm