Show Closed This production ended its run on July 6, 2014 Related Shows This summer marks the 52nd year of free theater in Central Park. Tony nominee Lily Rabe, Hamish Linklater and Tony winner John Lithgow will headline The Public Theater’s line-up for the 2014 free Shakespeare in the Park season at the Delacorte Theater. Rabe and Linklater will star as Beatrice and Benedick respectively in Much Ado About Nothing. Lithgow will play the titular role in King Lear. View Comments Helmed by Jack O’Brien, Much Ado About Nothing will run June 3 through July 6. Rabe’s Broadway credits include Seminar, The Merchant of Venice (for which she received a Tony nomination), The American Plan, Heartbreak House and Steel Magnolias. Her screen credits include All Good Things, No Reservations, Mona Lisa Smile, American Horror Story, The Good Wife and Nip/Tuck. Her upcoming films include Pawn Sacrifice and Mockingjay. Linklater’s stage credits include Seminar, The Comedy of Errors, Twelfth Night, Hamlet and The School for Lies. His screen credits include 42, The Angriest Man in Brooklyn, Battleship, The Future, The Crazy Ones ,The Good Wife, The Newsroom, The Big C and the upcoming Magic in the Moonlight. Much Ado About Nothing Directed by Daniel Sullivan, King Lear will play July 22 through August 17. Lithgow received Tony awards for his performances in Sweet Smell of Success and The Changing Room. His other Broadway credits include My Fat Friend, Comedians, Anna Christie, Once in a Lifetime, Spokesong, Bedroom Farce, Requiem for a Heavyweight, The Front Page, M. Butterfly, Beyond Therapy, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, All My Sons and The Columnist. His screen credits include All That Jazz, Terms of Endearment, Footloose, Shrek, This Is 40 and Dexter.
“I’m taking it, hydroxychloroquine, right now, yeah. A couple of weeks ago, I started taking it,” he said.Trump has often played down the dangers of coronavirus, including last week when he said it threatened only a small number of people. He also pointedly refuses to wear a mask, despite federal recommendations to do so and the fact that most of his staff have taken to covering their faces in public.A personal valet to Trump has tested positive for the coronavirus, as has Katie Miller, Vice President Mike Pence’s press secretary. ‘Reckless’ Trump said his use of the medicine was approved by the White House physician, Sean Conley. However, Trump insisted that he, not the doctor, took the first step.”I asked him, ‘what do you think?’ He said, ‘if you’d like it.’ I said ‘yeah, I’d like it.'”Conley later issued a statement saying that he had agreed to Trump using the anti-viral drug “after numerous discussions” between them about the pros and cons.”We concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risk,” Conley said in a statement issued by the White House.Trump said he has received many “positive calls” from people, whom he did not identify, telling him about the malaria drug. He mentioned a letter he’d received from a New York doctor, also unidentified, who reported giving the medicine to hundreds of patients and “I haven’t lost one.”By contrast, the government’s Food and Drug Administration warns against giving hydroxychloroquine for either prevention or treatment of the coronavirus, noting reported side effects including “serious heart rhythm problems in patients with COVID-19.” Only emergency use is authorized under temporary rules.Earlier this month, a medical paper out of New York suggested that combining hydroxychloroquine with the dietary supplement zinc sulfate, which has antiviral properties, could create a more effective treatment against coronavirus.But Matthew Heinz, an Arizona doctor who served under Barack Obama’s government, said medicines like hydroxychloroquine are not “benign” and open for unregulated use.”I cannot stress enough how reckless it is to encourage anybody to take hydroxychloroquine or any other unproven remedy,” he said in a statement.Trump signaled, as he has throughout the crisis, that there was nothing to lose by trying possible treatments.”It seems to have an impact, and maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t but if it doesn’t, you’re not going to get sick or die,” Trump said. “I take a pill every day. At some point I’ll stop.”The president said again on Monday that he showed “zero symptoms.””Every couple days they want to test me, you know, for obvious reasons. I mean I am the president, so they want to test me. I don’t want to be tested but they want to test me,” he said. “I’ve shown always negative.” Asked why, he said: “Because I think it’s good. I’ve heard a lot of good stories.”Trump has shown interest for weeks in promoting the use of hydroxychloroquine, even if some doctors think it does not work for coronavirus patients and US government regulators warn it has “not been shown to be safe.”Trump’s latest remarks came out of the blue, immediately grabbing headlines on a day when US deaths from COVID-19 topped 90,000 people — almost a third of the total world toll.”You’d be surprised at how many people are taking it, especially the front-line workers, before you catch it. The front-line workers — many, many are taking it. I happen to be taking it,” he let slip to reporters attending a White House meeting devoted to the struggling restaurant industry. President Donald Trump on Monday made the surprising revelation that he is taking hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug that his own government experts say is not suitable for fighting the novel coronavirus.Trump, noting that he has tested negative for the virus and shows no symptoms, said he’d been taking the drug as a preventative measure “for about a week and a half.””I take a pill every day,” he said, adding that he combines this with zinc. Topics :
DES MOINES, Iowa – The Drake Relays presented by Hy-Vee will feature some of the top American women’s 1,500-meter runners in the Rio Olympic Games Preview field.The lineup is highlighted by eight runners who posted times that ranked in the top 20 in the U.S. in 2015 including Olympians Jenny Simpson and Morgan Uceny. Joining those veteran runners are the likes of the former World Junior Champion in the 3,000 meters, Mary Cain, and Brenda Martinez. Both Cain and Martinez make their return to the Blue Oval after Martinez competed in the 800 meters last season while Cain made her Drake Relays debut in 2013. Martinez recently finished fifth in the event at the World Indoor Championships, while fellow Rio Olympic Games Preview competitor Violah Lagat was eighth.Heather Kampf, a Grand Blue Mile champion, is also in the field that is bolstered by the return of four-time USA Outdoor Champion Treniere Moser. Also racing for the Drake Relays presented by Hy-Vee prize purse will be Melissa Salerno, Heidi See, Rachel Schneider and Gabrielle Grunewald.The Drake Relays presented by Hy-Vee Rio Olympic Games Preview is scheduled for Friday, April 29 as part of Hy-Vee Night at the Drake Relays beginning at 7:52 p.m. Single-session tickets for the 2016 Drake Relays presented by Hy-Vee are now on sale as are all-session and multi-session tickets. To secure your seats at Drake Stadium, visit www.DrakeRelays.org, www.DrakeTix.com or call the Drake Athletic Ticket Office at 515-271-3647.Print Friendly Version